23 Sep 2013, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar: The Chefs de Mission Meeting and Pre-Delegation Registration Meeting (DRM) for the 27th SEA Games was organised by the Myanmar Olympic Committee and Myanmar SEA Games Organising Committee on Saturday, September 21 at the Thingaha Hotel in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.
The main purpose of the meetings was to enable the organising committee to present its final preparations for the 27th SEA Games this December 11-22 and to coordinate team preparations with the National Olympic Committees.
The Chefs de Mission Meeting and Pre-DRM was officiated by H.E. U Tint Hsan, President of the South East Asian Games Federation, President of Myanmar Olympic Committee and Union Minister for Sport.
The meetings made the following important announcements:
1. The closing date for Accreditation was extended to September 30.
2. The closing date for Entry by Name was extended to October 10.
3. The official opening and closing dates of the Athletes’ Village are November 25 and December 25.
4. The draw for team sports will be held on November 29.
5. The Delegation Registration Meetings for NOCs will take place betweenNovember 26 and December 7 at the NOC Headquarters Office in Nay Pyi Taw.
6. The SEAGF committees will meet on December 9.
7. The Team Welcome Ceremony will be held on December 10 from 9am to noon at the Athletes’ Village.
8. The Opening and Closing Ceremonies will be held on December 11 and December 22 at Wunna Theikdi Main Stadium.
9. A total of 33 sports, 37 disciplines and 460 events to be competed in the four cities: Nay Pyi Taw (28 disciplines), Yangon (seven disciplines), Mandalay (one discipline) and NgweSaung (one discipline).
10. The organising committee will assist the NOCs who wish to apply for a direct flight with their respective national airlines to Nay Pyi Taw International Airport.
11. The WIFI internet services at all competition venues, International Broadcast Centre (IBC), Main Press Centre (MPC), Athletes’ Village and official hotels will be upgraded.
The Chefs de Mission Meeting and Pre-DRM was closed by H.E. U Zaw Win, Vice President of SEAGF, Vice President of Myanmar Olympic Committee and Union Deputy Minister for Sport.
The Myanmar Olympic Committee and organising committee then coordinated a venue tour to the Main Stadium (Athletics and Football), Wunna Theikdi Swimming Pool (Swimming, Diving and Water Polo), Wunna Theikdi Indoor Stadium A (Wushu, Karate and Taekwondo), Wunna Theikdi Indoor Stadium B (Sepaktakraw and Chinlone) and the Athletes’ Village within the Wunna Theikdi Sports City in Nay Pyi Taw. (Report by Fong Wan Hor, Olympic Council of Malaysia. www.olympic.org.my)